Monday, January 16, 2012

Swatch Comparison: WnW Sparked vs Revlon Sparkling

As a lover of pretty pink polishes, when I saw Essie A Cut Above, I really wanted it. But I knew there were other $8 polishes I anticipated getting and I was more than positive I saw something similar. Lo and behold, Wet n Wild Sparked and Revlon Sparkling. (I compared all three in store and at the time purchased only Sparked). I went home and researched and found while similar in color, Sparked is not as close to A Cut Above as I hoped. I later returned that same day to pick up Sparkling because like A Cut Above, Sparkling has large and small glitters. Although it should be noted that A Cut Above has more large hexagonal glitters than small glitters. As for now, I am satisfied with my sparkly pink purchases. Now let's compare Sparked vs Sparkling.
no flash
Both sparkly pink glitters are in a clear base. Sparked looks like a combination of pink and silver glitters. Sparkling is all pink with a combination of large and small glitters. Both polishes would require more than 3 coats to reach opacity.  Since I was just swatching to compare, I did not use a top coat so I am not sure if they eat up top coats like most glitters do. As I recall, they do not dry smooth but what (affordable) glitter does?
flash
Swatch Details
Brand: Wet n Wild
Line: Wild Shine
Color Name/Number: Sparked/435G
Number of Coats: 3
Top Coat: No

Brand: Revlon
Line: ?
Color Name/Number: Sparkling/261
Number of Coats: 3
Top Coat: No
no flash

Have you picked up any of these sparkly pink glitters? Do you think it is necessary to have them all? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! If I don't reply to your comment right away, I definitely will as soon as I can.

If you can't see the DISQUS form for comments, click on the title of the blog.

Disqus for I'm just me...ChiChi