Saturday, January 21, 2012

OPI: Nicki Minaj Collection

Hello bonitas,
I am coming to you today with a post about some polish that I thought would forever stay on my wishlist, 3 bottles from the OPI Nicki Minaj Collection. Two bottles were purchased by me and the third was purchased by Loro. (thanks babe!) The three I got were the ones I wanted most.  The only other one that I may be interested in is Metallic 4 Life.
In the above picture, from left to right: Super Bass Shatter, Pink Friday and Save Me.
no flash, light from lamp
Pink Friday is a gorgeous (I know, I describe every pink as gorgeous) bubblegum pink creme. Pink Friday was a little on the thick side but easy to work with. This is the color I wanted the most.

Brand: OPI
Line/Collection: Nicki Minaj
Color Name: Pink Friday
Finish: Creme
Number of Coats: 2
Top Coat: no

no flash

flash
I know the crackle/shatter trend is a bit played out but as usual, I jumped on board late so I'm not tired of it yet. Besides I didn't have a crackle like Super Bass Shatter. Super Bass Shatter is like a "Barney" purple with shimmer. It applied rather nicely because of the brush.

Brand: OPI
Line/Collection: Nicki Minaj
Color Name: Super Bass Shatter over Pink Friday
Finish: Crackle
Number of Coats: 1
Top Coat: no

flash
I went cray cray layering these pretties. Save Me over Super Bass Shatter was rather interesting on my nails. I couldn't get the awesomeness in a picture though. In a future post, I will have a swatch of Save Me by itself. Save Me is a glitter that I know I will get plenty of use because it is a clear base that has tiny silver glitter with blue and holo bar glitters - a rainbow in a bottle. I love it!

Have you picked anything up from this collection? Have you tried glitter over crackles and shatters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! If I don't reply to your comment right away, I definitely will as soon as I can.

If you can't see the DISQUS form for comments, click on the title of the blog.

Disqus for I'm just me...ChiChi