Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mixing Glitter with Crackle

When I took off OPI Super Bass Shatter, I was anxious to try another crackle. I went for the Pure Ice Crackle: Strike a Pose. My dad sent this to me for Christmas. I was surprised that he listened. Strike a Pose came with a silver glitter (I'll swatch later). But first let's take a look at what I used as a base.

I pulled out an untried, NYC Cashmere Creme. It's a sheer powder blue color and despite being called a creme, it has shimmer. Even though Cashmere Creme is sheer in color, the polish is not too thin. It applies a little streaky but evens out with additional coats.

Brand: New York Color
Line: Long Wearing Nail Enamel
Color Name/Number: Cashmere Creme/124
Finish: Frost/Shimmer
Number of Coats: 2 (possibly 3)
Top Coat: no

Now comes the fun part! I wanted to use Save Me and a crackle but didn't want to go crazy again so I did half and half. Save Me is just as amazing and attention capturing as it was before. I loved it over a light blue.
Let me tell you, Strike a Pose is a beautiful metallic cerulean blue. In some lights, it leans a little green. Of course, I couldn't capture that on camera. I was so excited with how it looked, I sent a text to my dad telling him he picked out a great polish. Due to previous experience with a Pure Ice Crackle, I was worried that it wouldn't crackle well but I was not let down. If you aren't over the crackle phase I would recommend picking up a Pure Ice Crackle because the price isn't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! If I don't reply to your comment right away, I definitely will as soon as I can.

If you can't see the DISQUS form for comments, click on the title of the blog.

Disqus for I'm just me...ChiChi