Sunday, March 18, 2012

52 Week Challenge - Week 12 - Skittles Mani

 This is one of the challenges that I have been looking forward to for the simple fact that I can showcase more than one nail polish at a time. Skittle manicures are always a lot of fun to do and look at. I've been wondering how I was going to do this challenge and then yesterday my order from head2toebeauty came and I jumped around and decided that's what I would use. (And for the record, this was a much better experience than the last e-tailer I ordered from when I got most of the ChG Let it Snow collection, so I WILL be ordering from head2toe again). Today I have 5 of the 6 China Glaze Prismatic Collection (I'm saving Full Spectrum for Pink Wednesday). "Bursting with color and dimension, China Glaze Prismatic combines glitter and holographic particles for the ultimate eye-catching 3-dimesnsional manicure" (head2toebeauty). Let me tell you, these polishes shine!!

I decided to document building up the opacity of the polish. The number of coats is labeled in the bottom right hand corner of the pictures. For all pictures I used a base of LA Colors Base coat and Top Coat. I did not use a top coat at all for this post. Of course I will be featuring these beauties in full NOTD but for right now enjoy my prismatic skittles.
 In all pictures: Thumb - Prism, Index - Liquid Crystal, Middle - Optical Illusion, Ring - Ray-diant and Pinky - Polarized.






can you believe I didn't do any special effects in Picnik for this photo?
This is an updated list that Jenna posted of everyone still participating in this challenge. If you want me to add your link to the list be sure to let me know. I don't want anyone to feel left out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! If I don't reply to your comment right away, I definitely will as soon as I can.

If you can't see the DISQUS form for comments, click on the title of the blog.

Disqus for I'm just me...ChiChi