Monday, February 20, 2012

Nail Polish Tag

Img from The Polished Pixie

I saw this tag posted by Shally at The Polished Pixie and there is also a YouTube version going around too but since I usually don't get tagged for anything and I didn't want to miss out. I decided to do it on my own. 


Rules:
 (for people who get tagged)
Answer the questions
Tag 5 other bloggers
Let the bloggers know that they have been tagged 
by leaving a comment on their page


1. How many nail polishes do you have? 
I currently have approximately 259 nail polishes in my collection. That is including top coats, base coats and frankens. 



2. What is your favorite brand of nail polish? 
My favorite brand of nail polish would have to be Sinful Colors because of the variety and price. When I first started to collect nail polish, Sinful Colors was my go to brand. In fact, in 2010 I cleared out my collection and only kept Sinful Colors and China Glaze polishes. Shame on me. Click here to see my nail polish collection in May 2010. It definitely has grown since then.

3. Do you like crackle polish or do you hate it?
I like crackle polish but I don't love it. I was somewhat late in the game to adding crackles to my collection.

4. What was your first nail polish brand? 
Well if we're talking way back when...My first polish was Bon Bon. I loved getting those in grab bags at birthday parties. Although as a kid I wasn't allowed to wear colored polish out of the house (mom's silly rule) In 2004, I started to buy nail polish here and there, I bought mostly NYC and Wet n Wild. I had an Easter bucket full of nail polish but that got left behind in storage in 2008.

5. If you are going to have a nail polish line, what are you going to name it? 

I probably wouldn't start a nail polish line (too much of a headache) but if I did it would probably be called Starry Nails.

6. What nail polish colors do not compliment you? 

I wear any color but according to my boyfriend,  he does not like brown nail polish on my nails.


7. What nail polish colors do compliment you? 
As I said, I wear any color but I think soft pinks or deep peaches look best on my nails.

8. Name two of your best nail art friends.
As somewhat of a newbie in the nail blogger world, I do not have best nail art friends yet. But I do have several Twitter/YouTube beauty friends who I adore.

9. What was the best nail polish gift that you ever received?

If I want a nail polish (nothing extreme or expensive though), I usually get it for myself.  However, when friends or family buy nail polish for me, I always get so excited and their gift means a lot to me so it's hard to choose just one nail polish gift. Last summer my boyfriend knew I wanted to add some crackle polish to my collection and got me two of the Sally Hansen Crackle Top Coats as an early birthday present. My friend Yuilya hunted down OPI Teenage Dream and sent to me as a late birthday present. My "mother-in-law" gave me the money to buy several polishes from the China Glaze Let it Snow collection. My friend Dollie sent me some Ulta Minis and other beauty items for Christmas. Also for Christmas my boyfriend, dad and "brother-in-law" (and his family) all surprised me with nail polish gifts. From all these wonderful gifts, it's hard to choose the best one. (Sorry for the long winded answer.)


10. Make a speech thanking the blogger who gave you this tag.
I did this on my own because I did not want to miss out on the fun.

11. What is your second favorite nail polish company?
I'd have to say Wet n Wild because it is affordable and easily attainable. Plus they often have some awesome collections.

12. Glitter or no Glitter?
Glitter as an accent nail. Although lately, I've been going cray cray on the glitters and using them in full out manis.

13. OPI, China Glaze, or Essie? 
This is a tough question for me because I don't own a lot of nail polishes by these brands like other nail bloggers/lovers. Because of that I don't think I could answer this question fairly because I only have a few of OPI and Essie. Based on what I buy, I have to choose China Glaze. Although I would love to try more of the other brands.
 
14. When do you change your nail polish?
I change my nail polish when I get bored or when it starts to chip or when I need something new to post about.

15. What's your favorite color on your nails?
Pink!

16. Darks or Brights?
Brights!

17. What are you wearing on your nails right this moment?
On my left hand is corset nails and on my right hand is NYC Little Italy with 5 different swatches Claire's Precious Metal glitters (post coming soon).

18. Matte Nails--In or Out?
I bought a bottle of Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love but have not used it often. So I would have to say matte nails are out although I have seen some designs on Pinterest that would be fun to recreate.

19. French Manicure?
I love how classic and professional the French Manicure looks. To me it looks best with acrylics (which I won't be going back to) or longer nails. I like how the modern(?) French Manicures look with a pop of color. If I was at a job where I couldn't wear bold colors (like when I worked at Disney) I'd go with the French Manicure.

20. Favorite Winter Color?
Revlon Perplex or China Glaze Velvet Bow

Since I wasn't officially tagged do this, I won't be tagging anyone else but if you want to do it. I'd love to see your answers. If you want me to link your post, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! If I don't reply to your comment right away, I definitely will as soon as I can.

If you can't see the DISQUS form for comments, click on the title of the blog.

Disqus for I'm just me...ChiChi