Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 11

Last year when I went to Puerto Rico with my boyfriend I tried alcapurria for the first time. It became my favorite Puerto Rican food. Today my boyfriend's mom made some and I took pictures of the process.

It begins with green bananas. They have to be cut and mashed.


You have to add achote to the banana mixture to give it a red coloring.


Add the ground beef in the center of the banana mash.


And after its fried this is the outcome. So yummy! We made 16 of them but I forgot to take a picture before everyone grabbed in.

I also made a video of it with more pics, check it out on my channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! If I don't reply to your comment right away, I definitely will as soon as I can.

If you can't see the DISQUS form for comments, click on the title of the blog.

Disqus for I'm just me...ChiChi